Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 19,782
Re: Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

malcolmbebb wrote:

Hi,

Just downloaded the LR trial and using it for first time on a set of photos to see how the workflow works for me. Please be gentle, I don't have much time to just play around with it or rtfm at this point...

I did all the processing that I wanted, that went well, but I would like LR to delete (bin) the photos that I don't want (loads of duplicates in burst mode plus the usual duff shots) as well as just deleting them from its internal database. Is there an easy way to do that?

Secondly, the directory I imported was raw+jpeg. The filmstrip view doesn't (didn't) identify which was which. Ok, I can work it out or use the Info tab, but is there a way of showing the filename with the thumbnails?

Thanks
Malcolm

For rejecting just right click on the ones you don't want, set flag and the select rejected photos. After from the top menu select Photo and then Delete Rejected Photos. Choose Delete From disk to permanently bin them.

In the Develop module it should tell you the file type here.

To separate RAW and Jpeg in the Library module select Metadata. Not sure how many columns there will be by default but you can add and remove them. Click anywhere here in any column and select file type.

As you can see I have a pile of RAW files, a DNG and a few TIFF's. Click on the one you want. The metadata tool can do a lot for you.

Do you about the Embedded and Sidecar option at import. It allows you to cut while the previews build.

https://blogs.adobe.com/sunil/2017/10/18/embedded-preview-workflow-in-lightroom-classic/

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow