just for fun

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 8,222
Re: just for fun

Mark Scott Abeln wrote:

Donald B wrote:

Have you ever wondered what it would be like using the 100meg fuji ?

Yes.

I always wondered why do portrait photogs want mF ?

Cleaner, higher resolution images that particularly have smoother skin tones. Also, better optics.

I hear about rendering a lot but lets break that down for a second. Isn't "rendering" of skin tone transitions, or any transitions really, isn't it limited by the number of pixels displayed in a transition?

For example, if you have a print of a portrait and the cheek, which has some sort of tone gradation, is made of 100 pixels across, it can only have 100 "shades" of tone gradations right? So unless the MF image is also printed with more actual pixels, how can it have smoother transitions?

And this applies to any tones or shades, smooth transitions are limited by the weakest link. Am i missing something? Unless the final viewing medium is a rez higher than the smaller sensor format, how can the larger format (higher rez ect) show any benefit in tone gradations?

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow