The manual 25mm lenses (for still photography)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
farmer35 Contributing Member • Posts: 838
The manual 25mm lenses (for still photography)

I've developed a taste for manual focus lenses from playing around with adapted film lenses.  One element of that hobby that I find fun is having multiple lenses of the same focal length with different characteristics for different situations.  However, 28mm is about the widest lens available with decent quality for a decent price (at least for me).

I have a Kodak Cine Ektar 25mm f/1.9 lens that was designed for 16mm film that I like a lot but it is kind of a special effect lens.  I also have the 7Artisans 25mm f/1.8.  It's nice and small and I like the lens except that the focus throw is too short for my liking.  I enjoy the focal length and am interested in expanding my collection of 25mm lenses.  I have two topics for discussion that I would be interested in.

1.  I'm beginning to consider spending the money for the Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 lens.  However Mitakon Zhongyi also has a 25mm f0.95 lens for about half the price that also has some good reviews.  I don't know if anyone would have both of those lenses but I would welcome insight about either or both of those two lenses.

2. I would also welcome discussion and observations about any of the 25mm manual lenses available.

-- hide signature --

Bruce Regier

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow