which Photoshop?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 19,773
Re: which Photoshop?

Denis de Gannes wrote:

I got this answer in the Adobe Community forum.

Photoshop V. 21.0.2 is the latest version. See the quote below.

Quote from the Adobe community forum.

"It has always been possible to have several PS versions installed at the same time. They are independent programs.

What's new now is that the CC installer does not remove old versions by default. Keeping the old one used to be optional, but now it's the other way round. Removing it requires that you check the box to do so. So now you have v21, which is the latest release. You also have v20, the previous release.

Both of them got dot updates in this round.

Actually the whole thing is a bit of a mess, because Photoshop should always be installed and uninstalled in strict version order. Last in, first out and so on. If you don't observe version order, the file associations tend to break, and if you uninstall v20 now that's pretty likely to happen. To be safe, you should uninstall 21, then uninstall 20 - and then reinstall 21. The CC installer makes no allowance for any of this.

Still, it's better than it used to be, when previous versions were automatically uninstalled after the new version was installed. As a result the forum was absolutely flooded on every new release. It's a bit better now.

Anyway, nothing stops you from keeping both."

That is interesting. I don't see two versions in the installer or folder. PS 2020 and when I open about it says 21.0.2

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow