Playing with Luminar 4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 6,539
Re: Playing with Luminar 4

edispics wrote:

Samowens44 wrote:

Don't have Luminar 4, using Paintshop Pro X9 by Corel to edit the sky. I think this base photo needs more than just a sky. Let's give it a City with a sky with turmoil. Just giving my idea of sky changes using basic photo edit tools.

Since you like swapping backgrounds you should probably look at switching to some better tools. Whatever you are using is fine for proof of concept but makes a real mess on closer inspection. Check the OPs blending of layers. Luminar does a really clean job of blending sky and other layers. Your tool - not so much. The old Topaz Retouch 5 and the new Mask AI can do a much better job on complicated edges like hair, tree lines, etc. There are other tools as well.

Probably worth downloading some trials and see what works for the type of masking you do.

Check out how clean the OPs edge between his original shot and the replaced sky is:

At the moment I can, unfortunately, only look at those images on my mobile phone. Will check them later on my iMac

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow