Little Backup Box: Card Backup High Performance, Low Cost

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
trinakie Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Little Backup Box: Card Backup High Performance, Low Cost

I have bought a Raspberry Pi 4 a couple of weeks ago exactly for the same purpose of having a cheap and small device that allows me to backup photos from SD to a portable hard drive while traveling and without the need of a Laptop.

When I bought the Pi I wasn't aware of this post and didn't know that LBB existed. Thank you for sharing this. My way of making the backup is to simply plug the hard drive as well as the camera's SD card (through a USB SD reader) to the Pi and then connect to it from my phone with VNC or ssh and simply transferring the photos manually. To connect phone and Pi I simply create a tethered wifi network in my phone and the Pi automatically connects to it. In this way I have the full control of what's happening.

Just for fun I have tried installing the LLB script in my raspbian buster but for some reasons it doesn't work at all. I have set it in "remote control" mode but I cannot visualize the webpage at the Pi's IP address as explained in the guide. I have tried many things, like restarting the service, rebooting the Pi and reinstalling the script, but it never works. Perhaps I must try on a fresh installation of a Raspbian buster. Anyway, my way of using it so far works nice and is pretty quick and easy to use.

trinakie's gear list:trinakie's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow