Sony A7R IV Battery Hatch

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doc_Croc New Member • Posts: 14
Sony A7R IV Battery Hatch

Hi All,

I'm new to Sony cameras having always used Canon previously and have a couple of questions:

Should the sliding lock on the battery hatch cover be spring loaded. When I close the hatch, I have to slide the lever back into the locked position. (My canon was spring loaded and simply clicked back into position as the hatch was closed.) Trivial I know, but I keep forgetting to latch the door!

I uses back button focusing and have set the AF-ON button to focus. I've additionally registered a tracking focus mode (as per Menu 1, page 7) and then assigned this to the AEL button. I can therefore switch between a fixed or tracking focus mode simply by moving my thumb between the AF-ON and AEL buttons. However, even when not pressing the AEL button, I sometimes see the tracking focus area ghosted on the screen so that the two focus areas can be seen. Is this normal?

I mainly photograph birds. Second time out today has been much more successful than the first, with far more keepers as I get used to the camera. Have found the YouTube videos by Mark Smith, Mark Galor, and a few others really helpful. Really grateful to them.

Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Doc_Croc

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow