Help please which camera should i choose for birds.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tincat59 Forum Member • Posts: 61
Help please which camera should i choose for birds.

Hi all, I am torn, perplexed, and totally undecided on which camera will suit me best. I mainly shoot wildlife, mostly birds which are flitting through trees in the UK woodlands. I have the A7iii and a6400 with the 200-600 and 100-400 lens + the 1.4 tc. The A7iii will be sold asap to help purchase either the A9 or the A7riv.
One thing I do know is that I need reach and was thinking of the A7riv for the crop ability of the sensor. The focus speed of the A9 is great for Bifs but to be honest, most of my birds are perched, okay not still but you know what I mean. My worry is due to the usual crap weather, lighting conditions in the UK, high iso's are inevitable and I've been reading reports of the A7riv suffering in the noise department.
I am amazed at the detail you can see when you fill the frame with the subject on a 24mp sensor, but alas it's easier said than done. So I'm leaning towards the A7riv but have reservations with all the feedback I've been reading, one minute it's great then the next someone jumps in with....the focus isn't the best and the noise is that bad I sent the camera straight back.
What do you knowledgeable people think?
Cheers, Chris.

Tincat59's gear list:Tincat59's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow