Trying to love my M50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mackitten Regular Member • Posts: 178
Trying to love my M50

Trying but failing to love my M50.

It was a gift from my husband last year. Prior I had/have a 60D and then a 5D Mark III, both which I love but wasnt always taking them out or especially on vaca. I wanted something smaller that  would still be comfortable and happy to shoot with and easier to grab and go in a purse, I thought this was it but...

I am just so frustrated. I should have read more reviews I thought the controls would be pretty much what I am used to. Im not great photographer, Im ok sometimes. \I understand what I should be doing I just dont always execute it well. I did get so accustomed to shooting Manual and back button focus and moving my focus point on the fly or just sticking with one and then recomposing.

Every time I pick up and take out the M50 I just feel frustrated and lost. I figured just shoot on auto even but the autofocus annoys me (selection), though the screen touch features would be great but I guess Im getting old and stuck in my ways.

I try to figure out how to shoot easier/faster and change the manual setting on this thing more efficiently but I feel like its over complicated if thats possible.

I realize a great photographer can get good pictures with any camera, Im no great photographer. Id just like and in-focus useable imagine of my nephew at his 3rd bday, among other things.

Is it me and Im just not giving it a chance or working with it enough. Anyone iffy about it then learn to love it.

Kinda more ranty then anything thanks for listening to me whine

-- hide signature --

warning: I enjoy photographing my cats

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow