Galaxy A10 phone photo vs a cheap pocket camera photo?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Gato Amarillo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,448
Re: Galaxy A10 phone photo vs a cheap pocket camera photo?

Jack the Sparrow wrote:

Looks like the solution is the smart phone. The top range I can go is the Galaxy A10 lol. iPhone is far too rich for my blood. I will upload some photos here when I get a device.

I think you're on the right track. A $100 camera may not even match the quality of a current model phone. And I presume you need a phone regardless, so you have to carry two devices and deal with keeping up the charge on two batteries.

You can edit photos in the phone and do direct uploads, while with the camera you need to get to a computer for editing. If you want to upload on location or in the moment with a camera you have to transfer photos to a phone - at best a nuisance and with some setups a real pain.

I think you'll be good with the phone. Picture content is much more important than technical quality, especially since the majority of your audience is probably viewing the blog on a phone. Getting to interesting places and delivering photos with compelling content is the key to success.

Gato

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow