RX100 VII - first shots

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NZ Scott
NZ Scott Veteran Member • Posts: 4,838
RX100 VII - first shots

Hello Sony people - I am one of you now.

I bought an RX100 VII on a whim after spotting a $440 discount on a Black Friday sale.

I'm not hugely enamoured with the camera so far, as it's less fun to shoot with than the little Panasonic GM5 I was already using.

It has some annoying quirks, such as the LCD screen blacking out when using polarised sunglasses.

The camera also developed a fault on the first day I used it - it kept switching itself on and off repeatedly and would keep doing it even after I removed and replaced the battery. According to a Google search, I am not the only person to experience this problem. It's stopped doing it - for now - so I haven't returned it.

Anyhow, I went for a walk around my hometown of Tauranga and took some photographs to check out the IQ, which seems okay:

Parking building entrance:

Goblets in a shop:

Christmas-themed snow box thing:

Not a fan of the bokeh:

Memorial Park fountain:

Testing the telephoto end on some tourists at Memorial Park:

Gearing up for our Christmas backpacking trip to the South Island - tramping (long-distance hiking, for Americans) is the main reason I bought the RX100:

Warmest,

Scott

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +13 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow