EPL2 for learner camera for kids ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 8,146
EPL2 for learner camera for kids ?

So the question mark was perhaps rhetorical as i already ordered it but figured it's still worth a discussion. So my daughter took a swing at my EM1 about a year ago but i think she was still a bit too young to really get into it. Plus, i still like my EM1 and want to keep it in good shape, being it's the better part of a grand paired with my Oly 45.

So now at close to 9yo we are trying again, this time with something a bit cheaper and smaller. And simpler. I looked around quite a bit online and found an EPL2 for just under $60, can't beat such a low cost starter cam. It will be paired to my also low cost Panny 25 1.7 so it will have halfway decent lowlight performance and she will have some DOF control to learn with.

Anybody else go with one of the old EP bodies for kids, or even use one themselves? Feel free to post thoughts or questions ect.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow