X-T3 Battery Grip, Left Battery Issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,158
X-T3 Battery Grip, Left Battery Issue

I was shooting the other day when I noticed the left battery was 1/2 discharged and the camera started consuming the right battery and later the body battery.  When the body battery was used up the camera powered down.  I moved the left battery to the right position and put a fresh battery in left side.  The camera came to life till the 1/2 used battery that was now on the right side was used up.  The battery on the left showed full.  I was in the middle of a shoot and changed both batteries and the body battery and finished the shoot.

Today I pulled the body battery and put one battery in the left slot.  The camera did not power up.  I placed the battery in the right slot and the camera came up.  I cleaned all contacts and tried again.  The left side still does not power the camera, even with an different fully charged battery.  With two batteries in the grip both show fully charged and the camera operates.

If someone who has this setup can try and power there camera with only the left battery and let me know if it works it would be appreciated.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

I'm going to try contacting Fuji support yet it's already after 5pm here on the US East Coast where they are located.

Thank you,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 10mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +14 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow