Lens recommendation for m50

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stelladevania Forum Member • Posts: 68
Lens recommendation for m50

Hello, i'm planning on buying the m50 but i'm in a dilemma whether or not to get the kit lens.

The body only is only $50 cheaper than the package with the kit lens, bag, mini tripod (i don't need it), and a lens cleaning kit (also don't need it).

The brand new price of the kit lens alone is $100

But, i'd only have $50 more to buy another lens, so it's either the kit lens or the 22mm f2 lens.

I'm leading more towards the 22mm and then buying a tamron 10-24mm later because i already have 50mm f1.8, tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and canon 50-250mm IS, and the terrible 18-55mm kit lens that came with my 9 years old canon 600D (i won't be selling that camera because my mom/sister will be using it) which would complete my "holy trinity" and low light, bokeh performance set.

But i also like how small, compact and the versatility of a zoom lens of the 15-45mm lens is, which, would make me want to take the camera with me all time, not just when i'm going out to purposefully take pictures. And the IS is something i'm interested in since i'd be shooting some videos. If i somehow think i wanna get that lens i'd have to pay twice the price and have to buy the bag that i (kind of) want seperately.

So what's your opinion? Is the 22mm f2 powerful enough in low light (if it's not good enough i might get something like manual focus 7artisan 35mm f1.2 or 25mm f1.8, but i hope i don't have to because i want AF)? Is the kit lens even worth considering at all? Also, while we're at it, which sd card should i get for just in case i wanna shoot in 4k?

Also note that i'd have to spend some money for 2 extra batteries, ef-s to eos m adapter, and at least 1 sd card which at the very least would cost me $50, and i just spent $100 or so for studio lighting and backgrounds, hence why i'm being such a cheapskate.

P.S. i'm not a professional photographer but i'm seriously learning, mentored by a professional one. Usage would be for wedding, prewedding, scenery, portraits, product, youtube videos mounted on a tripod, and amateur music videos. I don't like travelling (which is weird, since most people love it) but when i am, i'd only take 1 lens with me. Also, i'd mostly be shooting myself using a tripod for my instagram. I don't do vlogs but who knows if i'd be interested one day.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow