Are Sony menus HORRIBLE?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jay08816 Regular Member • Posts: 213
Are Sony menus HORRIBLE?

Recently well thru a period of analysis paralysis between the rx100 vi (which I wound up buying) and Canon g5x ii. Seems a lot of people are choosing between these two. As part of my analysis, I joined a discussion on the Camera, Lens and System Buying Advice forum. Was particularly struck by one post, which simply read - "Sony menus are HORRIBLE." This does seem to be conventional wisdom. So, putting aside no fully implemented touch-screen on the rx100 vi, are the menus really HORRIBLE compared to other cameras and camera systems?  Spent a lot of time with both of these cameras before buying, and it's pretty clear that this Canon is simpler, with fewer choices, so the menus can be at least somewhat simpler. (Must add that I already had two other Sonys - a6000 and rx10 iii, so was at least somewhat familiar with Sony menus. Also, they do seem a bit more organized on the 100 vi, and the My Menus is helpful. Plus, I've only used one non-Sony in recent years, a Pany zs60, so have a very limited basis of comparison.)

Wonder what others think about this?

thanks,

jay

Canon PowerShot G5 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 (Lumix DMC-TZ80) Sony a6000 Sony RX10 III Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow