Software for EOS R raw files? Lightroom? DxO? Capture 1? On1?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OUGrad05 Forum Member • Posts: 83
Software for EOS R raw files? Lightroom? DxO? Capture 1? On1?

I've been using Lightroom on my Rebel T2i for years, however, a few years ago as everyone here is aware, Adobe moved to subscription only.  At which time I chose to simply keep my latest version of Lightroom and no go with the subscription.  I did this for two primary reasons:
1) I felt that moving me to a subscription after I had owned four versions of the software previously was not good.  I had to reformat my Mac due to an OS error and had hell getting Adobe to send me a download for the program that I had ALREADY purchased.  I wasn't going to pay for a sub and updates when my camera was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the current software processed the RAW Files without much issue.
2) Lightroom has been slow to implement new features and cameras and I didn't want to invest knowing I may be getting a new camera.  
Now I have that new camera, the Canon EOS R and over the last couple of months I've read several things about Lightroom struggling with Canon colors and that generally lightroom has fallen behind the competition in a number of ways.  
I'm not opposed to using Lightroom if it is in fact the best all around option, but I'm also perfectly willing to learn/try something new especially if it's easy to use and a better overall product for working with raw files and organization of workflow and photos.  
DxO Photolab 3 is getting some good reviews as is On1.  Capture 1 also gets good reviews but seems to be rather pricey by comparison.  
Any thoughts or recommendations and experiences would be appreciated.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow