Image quality better for Rebel T6 or 40D or 50D?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RScottyB New Member • Posts: 3
Image quality better for Rebel T6 or 40D or 50D?

Would I see an improvement of image quality by switching  from my T6 to either a 40d or 50d body?

A little background.. I currently have a Rebel T6 and a T5, and some really good Canon lenses. I take about 17,000-20,000 shots a year, almost all of them of plants and gardens, which I use in talks to professional and amateur garden associations and also publish in articles in several gardening magazines and blogs.

I'm mostly happy with the quality of my shots, but I'm looking to improve.

I"m considering a better camera body (probably purchased used for budget reasons), and quickly got confused regarding sensor sizes. The T6 I have uses a CMOS (APS-C) sensor at 24.2 megapixel. I thought using a 40d or 50d professional bodies would be an improvement, but they appear to use the same sensor at lower megapixels. Can someone help me understand this better? Thanks!

Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow