Do Fujifilm cameras tend to switch card slots spontaneously? If so, why?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rensar
rensar New Member • Posts: 13
Do Fujifilm cameras tend to switch card slots spontaneously? If so, why?

A couple months back, I switched to the Fujifilm system – to the X-H1 to replace my Lumix G9, plus the X-T2 for both backup and to for heavy-duty use at my job – and noticed that, every so often, on both cameras, when using the dual card slots in Sequential mode (fill card 1, then card 2), the cameras would spontaneously switch from using slot 1 to slot 2. This does not occur when using Back-Up mode (writing to both cards redundantly).

Additionally, a friend who had introduced me to Fuji cameras told me that he has the same problem with his X-Pro2, which furthers my suspicion that this might be common among Fuji cameras.

I should mention that this occurs without having removed either card from the camera, and with having formatted both cards in-camera before using, but without having formatted either card nor deleting any files during a shooting session.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what might be the cause of it, and whether that cause might be preventable – or if it's "just a Fuji thing" and I should stick with Back-Up mode in order to avoid this.

rensar's gear list:rensar's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II 7artisans 12mm F2.8 +1 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow