Am I crazy?!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
minglukhan Forum Member • Posts: 85
Am I crazy?!

Way back when I had a D3000 - my first serious camera and loved the output. I then went to mirrorless with m43 before cycling through Sony E, Samsung NX and Canon M (now back with m43. So apart from Fuji I feel i've 'done' the range of mirrorless cameras on offer. Whilst I like the bodies of the mirrorless cameras once you add on the lenses the size and weight advantage is negligible over DSLR.

Not to mention cost....some of the really basic primes in mirrorless are outrageously expensive. I even moved to Canon M so I could buy cheap EF lenses and adapt them to M Mount. But once you add the extra weight and size of the hefty adapter it really negates any gain.

Which brings me back to Nikon. Where else am I going to get a 35mm 1.8 and a 50mm 1.8 for less than £100 each?! I am happy to buy used so these prices are realistic. To dabble in a similar lens for Fuji is £300+. Am I crazy to come back to DSLR and Nikon DX? I look at camerasize.com and the d3500 is such a nice size!

I am torn between D3500 for its lightweight body and deep grip and the d5500 which has some of the home comforts I am used to like touchscreen/wifi/more focus points/articulating screen etc.

Any advice on which of these you would recommend would be welcomed.

Nikon D3000 Nikon D3500 Nikon D5500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow