Lightroom says these image can not be found

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ernie Misner
OP Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 5,634
Re: Lightroom says these image can not be found

Johanfoto wrote:

Ernie Misner wrote:

I opened a folder in Lightroom Classic CC (V 9.1, latest) today and the images are grayed out in the Library view. Clicking on them says that they have already been imported.

That sounds like you did not open the folder in the Library module, but in the Import dialog. The library module does not grey out missing images, and will never show a dialog saying something about importing.

From the Library module I went up to File, then down to Import Photos and Video, scrolled to the folder and clicked on that like usual. Not sure where the Import dialog is located even.

<Edit> - I just got it fixed! I got it fixed and the folder is working correctly again. But - this is where I was getting stuck (screen shot in my reply below to jd_Paige). I did this quite a few times with no luck. Then finally I clicked on the ? icon on the folder name in Library view, followed the link, entered the correct folder, and bingo, all fixed finally. Yesterday I could not make it work for some reason. I've learned some things along the way here though and thank you very much.

When I try to open one in Develop it says file cannot be found. The images are in my Windows folder just fine. What steps should I take to correct that? Thanks.

Do not move/rename folders or images outside of Lightroom. Always use Lightroom to do this (or better still, don't do it at all). Use the link given in the other answer to fix this.

Thanks, I learned.

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
"I bet we'll find hints of extraterrestrial life before 2030" - Jamie Shreeve, Popular Science

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow