E-M5III SCP on rear screen

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 17,046
E-M5III SCP on rear screen

Today I was at a denkiyasan (electric store) and so I stopped by their camera section. Although the camera sections of these types of stores are not as extensive as at places such as Yodobashi and Bic Camera they are more extensive than most camera stores I have seen in the U.S. and Canada. Many cameras and lenses sitting out where anyone can play with them and no one to bother you.

Anyway, they had the E-M5III out with the 14-150mm II on it. I looked at the camera a few weeks ago at the Olympus Plaza in Tokyo, but I haven't made any effort to see it again. I played around with it a bit today, but one thing had me confused and after 30 minutes of handling it I walked out still confused. By the way, the E-M5II, E-M10III, and E-PL9 were sitting right next to it along with 10 or so lenses.

The E-M5III was set for LV on the back screen, but with the eye sensor turned on so that when looking through the EVF it would switch. I wanted to turn off LV on the back and just display the SCP the way I do for my PEN-F, E-M10II, E-M10, and E-M5. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to do it. There is a button on the top, left "knob" with the monitor icon on it, but pressing it didn't turn off the LV from the rear screen like I expected. I could get the SCP to appear by pressing the OK button, but the SCP was superimposed over the LV image. The E-M5II and E-M10III both did as I expected by pressing their buttons with the monitor icon. I then went into the E-M5III menu, switched it to English, and started searching for some setting that needed to be changed. I went through every single item in the extensive menu a total of 3 times, even going down deep into submenus looking for something. I couldn't find anything. I finally gave up. Oh, I did, as always, switch the menu back to Japanese before walking away.

Of course, I know I overlooked something, but I would like to know how to get this set up. I wanted to check the wakeup time from sleep mode so I set quick sleep, but that function only works when LV is not on the rear screen.

Any ideas on what needs to be changed on the E-M5III? If I find out then later I may stop by again to check the wakeup speed. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Olympus E-PL9 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow