Desiring OVF

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
cyberpi1 Regular Member • Posts: 311
Re: Desiring OVF

I used to shoot through lcd screen (with my Samsung nx30, a6000 and A7x cameras). For me the viewfinder was neither comfortable nor convenient. All those viewfinders was small and my left eye felt very uncomfortable every time I tried them.

I tired DSLR OFV (d800 d750) but it also was too small to be comfortable enough. Things changed completely when I tried 645z OFV and for me it was a game-changer. GFX 50s EVF is simply terrible compared to 645z OFV: it’s smaller and lacks resolution. That was the main point when I chose 645z over 50s.

Yep, mirror box makes 645z huge and heavy, but there’s a bright side of this. I tried 50s and 110mm handheld. EVF was shaky as a hell, even without magnifying image. 645z doesn’t have IBIS also, but i can shoot 150mm f2.8 handheld through OVF and it’s not shaking at all.

cyberpi1's gear list:cyberpi1's gear list
NEX-5T Pentax 645Z Sony a7R II Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Pentax smc D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow