Monitor questions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evilmagicnut Regular Member • Posts: 466
Monitor questions

I wasn't sure what forum to ask this in but I thought it best to ask people that actually print their photos.

I'm not a professional so I don't have a specific technical need for color accuracy, however, I do want to be able to edit photos in a way that I have a good idea how the printed image will appear when I view it on the monitor, particularly with respect to skin tones.  I'm a family photographer and my primary use will be portraits and landscapes.  I don't do video much now but I'd like to keep my options open.

I've noticed dramatic price differences in monitors that are targetted at photographers.  I've noted lineups: Asus ProArt, Viewsonic ColorPro, Benq PhotoVue and Dell Premier Color lineups.

General guidance appreciated but I have some specific questions:

• Does Adobe RGB, DCI-P3 coverage matter much for my use?
  • Is it worth it to step up to 4k or is 2k generally good for photo editing?
  • Is editing colors on an AMOLED tablet screen (such as a Galaxy Tab S6) likely to display an accurate rendering?
  • Are recent laptops that tout wide gamut color accuracy legit and comparable to a dedicated monitor?  (ex. Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, HP Spectre x360)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow