Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 FX equivalent

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vwsjr
vwsjr Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 FX equivalent

The Sigma 18-35mm is still to this day the sharpest lens I have ever used on my Nikon DX cameras, and an absolute joy to shoot with. I'm likely to pick up the D750 replacement when that comes out (adding to my gear, not replacing my D500), and I'm just thinking about a lens for that camera that would be as fast and sharp as the Sigma. I'm posting this here, but I'm open to Nikon or Sigma lenses and would possibly consider others.

I've looked at DxO scores, reviews, etc., but I'm really seeking more subjective opinions from those who agree with me on how good the Sigma 18-5 is, and who have actually used something they consider comparable on FX. Looks like it's going to be some time before the D750 replacement is out, so I'm not in any rush, just looking for some options to consider at this point.

Thanks,
Vern

-- hide signature --
 vwsjr's gear list:vwsjr's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +12 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow