That Lumix G 9. Surprised at the little things it offers

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Senior Member • Posts: 2,565
That Lumix G 9. Surprised at the little things it offers

How could one resist a full fledged top of the line micro four thirds camera at its recent selling price...I tried, but succumbed.

There is the appeal of some things that at first seemed so so and now seem brilliant.

- The grip allows secure handling and the index finger rests where it should.   The on/ off switch is almost a native thing I did not know I missed the location for. Now restored.

-the toggle near the eye finder is great for nailing focus area and goes back to center with a push.

- has HDMI and USB jacks of decent size. Mic input and headphones ( which I have only just begun to try,_easy to get rubber flaps off the compartment.

- quiet , to me quiet, mechanical shutter and I have yet to use the electronic one but I will.

- little inserts in the strap lugs for wear resistance.  Not new, but a nice touch anyway.

- very bright finder, and yes, some keystone effect which with larger eye cup is less noticeable and almost insignificant.

- Each menu item can call up a window that helps remind one of what that function does...the wonders of chip advancement.

- unlike the GX models I own my thumb does not unwittingly engage the DISP button. The larger than usual size helps...though it is not a light camera with lens attached.

Cons, sure we have to hunt to seek --.  Like other G 9 recent buyers I have to get used to the hair trigger shutter half stop.   I say it is a Best Buy for someone who likes to play around with multiple functions.

Did I miss any other biggies?.  Oh and it takes nice pictures. Good color JPEGs

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic ZS100 Olympus E-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow