Desiring OVF

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
cjb Regular Member • Posts: 349
Re: Desiring OVF

My interpretation of your post: The Tools allow us to create the Vision. 100% agree. Most of us here have tools that are more than capable enough to capture our vision. It's not an unreasonable argument that today's iPhone also does that pretty well for many cases. And for those cases where it does not, I do love the technical aspect involved in using the Tools to refine the capture to realize more difficult-to-achieve Visions.

I must disagree on the tangible aspect of film vs today's digital copies. Digital is better in every way. When I think of my father and my grandfather's film images deteriorating over the years, digitizing them was one of the best things I ever did. Film gets lost or damaged. Digital images are 100% reproducible with full fidelity, are easier to organize and can be easily stored at multiple sites.

cjb's gear list:cjb's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm GFX 50R +25 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow