Galaxy A10 phone photo vs a cheap pocket camera photo?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
chipmaster
chipmaster Veteran Member • Posts: 3,065
Re: Galaxy A10 phone photo vs a cheap pocket camera photo?

Jack the Sparrow wrote:

Does a cheap pocket camera such as a lowest end Canon or a Fujifilm have a noticeable difference in photo quality compared to a Samsung Galaxy A10 or any other low end smart phone camera? Or are they at the same level now?

I need a camera to take some photos for my blog, and I don't have a huge budget, so I'm trying to get the best out of the little bit of money I can scrape together. Any help highly appreciated. Thank you.% of

Ah every tool is a compromise how much do you value convenience, speed, budget, size/portability?

A modern cellphone under the right conditions can produce stunning pictures for blog medium if it is only going to be viewed on a laptop or phone.  If you need reach to bring distant objects close very low light then perhaps a custom camera with all the associated burden of workflow, size, lens, budget etc. etc. over the smartphone.   Take the iPhone11 you got multiple lens ( limited ), advance tools built in and likely good enough for majority if not all of your minimum needs.

-- hide signature --

" Today's Pictures Are Tomorrow's Memories "

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow