Wouldn't it be sweet, upgrade path

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
one blind eye Regular Member • Posts: 141
Re: Wouldn't it be sweet, upgrade path

ahaslett wrote:

one blind eye wrote:

liquidsquid wrote:

Just thinking that for those of us who love the Panasonic UI and the fun factor of the G9: Wouldn't it be sweet if Panasonic produced an enthusiast smaller body full-frame and lens adapter so we can use our m4/3 lenses cropped, on the new mount and sensor?

Seeing how the G9 is not much different in size than some competing FF bodies, I don't think it would be much of change as far as handling. The current Panasonic FF bodies are more in the pro league than enthusiast, and though I would love one, they are simply too much of a camera.

It would be a nice transition path for those of us not willing to switch to a different system, but would love to dabble or move into Full Frame mirrorless.

Also, quietly nagging in the back of my head is the doubt that m4/3 will remain a target of decent R&D with FF being the next big thing, and cell phone cams nibbling away at the smaller sensor cams. I would love a path forward without the fear of a monstrous initial investment.

Thought I would take the risk and start this topic as i am generating fab and assembly files that are taking forever.

No.

Your proposal would probably result the demise of Panasonic camera division. From a fiscal point of view, do you think Panasonic can compete with full frame mirrorless cameras with the Big 3? Panasonic start up costs, etc? Sony, Nikon, and Canon already have a head start in the full frame mirrorless camera field.

Not a good idea, with current declining camera sales.

JMO

Um https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/cameras-camcorders/lumix-mirrorless-cameras/lumix-s-full-frame-cameras/dc-s1r.html

So, would you add the Panasonic full frame mirrorless camera to your very extensive stable of cameras and lenses?

OBE

one blind eye's gear list:one blind eye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Apple iPhone 11
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow