Adorama Customer Service

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg Livingston New Member • Posts: 3
Adorama Customer Service

I am gifting my son in law, one of my D800's for Christmas. So I ordered for him a 50mm lens from Adorama as I am not gifting any of my lenses. The order was to arrive yesterday.  When I got home from a short trip to the airport, there were 3 packages on my porch.  One Fedex, two USPS which arrived late afternoon. The lens from Adorama, shipped via UPS was not there. I went to my email to check shipping and it stated that it had been left on my porch at 6:49.  I searched and searched to no avail...

I had to wait to call Adorama until this morning and when I finally got through to customer service I was told they would file a claim with UPS and get back to me in 10 business days. So much for Christmas! I then stated it was a Christmas present and could they offer.  They aid I would have to wait until the claim process was complete. I am a repeat customer and I purchased the 50mm lens, as well as the Tamron 35mm (which is due today) for myself using my Adorama card. But to no avail. I asked if I would be kept informed along the way and he stated I would receive the final outcome once the claim had been completed from UPS.

Now I guess I'll have to order another 50mm lens from B&H or purchase locally (Samy's is 70 miles away) and when the whole situation settles I will seek a refund from Adorama.  Is it me or could Adorama have handled this differently given the holiday?  Either way I am rethinking the convenience of online shopping...

Greg Livingston's gear list:Greg Livingston's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 Nikon D850 +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
TJG
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow