Xt100 updated thoughts?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
sshapiro Regular Member • Posts: 157
Re: Xt100 updated thoughts?

I bought the X-T100/XC 15-45 package from Adorama a couple of weeks ago for $400. My intent was to use the body as a second camera to my X-T20 and sell the lens along with the various accessories Adorama included: camera bag, memory card, filters, lens cleaning kit, and card reader.

I had someone willing to give me $150 for the lens, but a couple of days before I received the offer I tried the body/lens together and realized the lens is worth keeping. So, I am using the entire package, along with my X-T20 and I am very pleased with the solution. I used the X-T100, along with the XF 27mm lens, for some street photography the other day. The tilt screen added a lot of opportunities for discretely capturing photographs in a portrait orientation. I think the X-T100 is a better street photography solution, for me, than the X-T20.

The XC 15-45mm lens works fine with both the X-T100 and the X-T20. I used it with the X-T20 about a week ago for some evening photographs of the city of Richmond, VA. The angle of view provided by that lens was much more impactful that I expected. The shots I captured at 15mm got the most number of positive comments out of all the photographs.

I am very pleased with both the X-T100 and XC 15-45mm lens. I break down the cost for the kit as $250 for the body and $150 for the lens. I think I got a very good deal and would do it over again without hesitation.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow