Nikon 35 1.8G DX on a FX camera.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP moen999 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: Nikon 35 1.8G DX on a FX camera.

Yes I mean I am not as fixated on bokeh as some people are and honestly none of my event clients have never ever talked about the bokeh being any specific way or ugly vs pretty. They just see it as "blurry area" or at least comment that they like how things are blurred in the background. I think if I was shooting some other type of photography I would care more about that. I look for and mostly appreciate the contrast/look/feel that a lens produces and in that I liked shooting with the 24 2.8d. I know majority will disagree and I respect that. I just found this lens (35 dx) to be a very nice lens for what I do and I am glad I tried it. I probably would also like the 35 2d even though it may not be the sharpest in corners or nicest bokeh. Something tells me it would deliver on contrast/3d feel or whatever you like to call it. I also look at value in a lens and I dont personally feel that $166 vs $470 price between the dx vs fx version of the 35 1.8G is justified to me. From what I have read, it does not deliver twice the image quality unless you are maybe pixel peeping and are looking for a specific thing.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow