Customizing the a6600 and a first impression

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
An avid reader
An avid reader Forum Member • Posts: 55
Customizing the a6600 and a first impression

Yesterday I finally receive the a6600. Due to Black Friday delays it took 2 weeks for the camera to arrive. And when I wanted to try out the camera, the battery was down to zero and I had to charge the battery in the camera over night. This morning I finally set up the camera and I want to share briefly my set up of all those customizable buttons here...

I am coming from the a5000, the a6000 and the a6300. The camera defintely has become more refined with every new model... a really nice evolution, if you ask me. The new grip is fantastic for my hands and the buttons seem to be more tactile. The touch screen is new to me on the a6xxx models. I really hope the battery is not going to drain out so quick. I am already 10 per cent down while setting up the camera... I have just ordered some extra batteries anyway.

Here comes my set up:

C1 button is for ISO (I use it all the time)

C2 toggle my dial 1. Exposure Compensation as the alternate function to the Control Dial and for the control wheel White Balance (I shoot mainly in jpeg)

control wheel, only the right button changes to zoom and center Focus Standard allows me to go from Wide and AF-C to Focus and AF-S with just one press

C3 Recall Custom Hold 1, so I can override current settings holding down only one button instead of going to Memory 1 or 2 on the main dial on top of the camera

C4 Priority set in White Balance (when shooting inside with difficult light)

AF/MF - AF/MF Ctrl. Toggle

AEL- AEL Toggle dealing with diffuclt light. On my a6300 this was my eye AF button

FN

upper: Silient Shooting, HDR, Focus Area, Focus Mode, ISO Auto Min. SS, Metering Mode

lower: Audio Signals, Subject Detection, Face/Eye Priority in AF, Steady Shot, Touch Operation, Shoot Mode

Unfortunately My Menu cannot directly be reached via a button, I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

An avid reader's gear list:An avid reader's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a6600 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +3 more
Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow