Olympus,MC20, FedEx & Me - SNAFU!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sujiar Regular Member • Posts: 311
Olympus,MC20, FedEx & Me - SNAFU!

They say pride comes before a fall...

Back on Cyber Monday I crowed how I'd got the MC20 recond. 20% off etc etc... I was jazzed!

So 2 days later, in my driveway was a smunched box. Inside the barely adequate packing, another crushed box, and inside that the MC20 with a bent lens mount! No way could Olympus replace it quickly - they'd sold them all and they could only issue a refund or send it in for repair.

I thought perhaps the most expeditious course would be a claim against FedEx for the FULL price, tax & shipping. So I went online and did that. They came to pick it up for "inspection" 3 days later. I called them Tuesday to check the status - "oh we settled that claim and sent the item and a check to the Sender(Olympus)!" Isaywhat? You sent my property and claim settlement to someone else?!

Needless to say, calls to Olympus and eventually a Manager in the Claims Dept at FedEx yielded nothing. FedEx would not discuss The claim.

So Im out $350 for probably a few weeks, Oly has $470 and I will have to pony up another $150 for a new MC20. Luckily I'm having a great time with the 300Pro+1.4! Im thinking about a Small Claim against FedEx for the angst, time and idiocy... Anyone have any pertinent advice?

Happy Holidays!

Identical Twins?

Deely Bobber Bird....

Western Bluebird

Small Red Reed Bird!

Suji
A sample of my work can be found at: https://sujiphoto.smugmug.com

Sujiar's gear list:Sujiar's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow