LX100 image quality examples - not SP

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 1,496
LX100 image quality examples - not SP

So I wanted to show the IQ for anyone considering this camera, which would be people like me who want a camera to use when they;re not out dedicated shooting that will fit in a jacket pocket but still has good enough Image quality for A3 prints if you do a social or a grab street / walkabout shot

IMHO and experience the Sony RX100 M3 or above are are better if you do not know your way round RAW post processing VERY WELL.

The RX100 III provides sharper and better exposed photos with better AWB and colour SOOC so good I could accept a lot of them with none to minimum PP.

The LX100 files SOOC are embarrassing.

I was ready to send it back today to be very honest and buy another RX100 M3

However I decided to give it a chance and Really dived into the RAW files in post.

Any boy they need it.  Except for colour and saturation (which are amazing on most fixed lens cameras IME) every aspect, literally: exposure, highlights, shadows, contrast, clarity, sharpening and NR are needed in almost every photo thats not perfect sunshine with soft cloud to diffuse the light.

Indoor shots even at ISO 1600 need good strong NR as well as all of the above.

However, the RAW files it turns out are pretty flexible and clean up very well.

Verdict - if you love PP and don;t need to print massive = better than RX100 as better handling and bigger EVFm plus multi aspect ratio is cool.

If you don;t really love PP and are only half confident / knowledgeable in it - forget about it, these files, even in decent light need work on ever aspect, even when I used really good shot technique.

A few examples from my first outing with the LX100 after a lot of PP

These are just 'test shots to see how the camera does in different conditions, there is mostly no subject to any of the photos

-- hide signature --

The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Above all else, peacefulness, love and harmony.
- Noel Shoestring

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic LX100 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow