Xt100 updated thoughts?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 14,241
Re: Xt100 updated thoughts?

johncecilian wrote:

I am thinking seriously of picking up an XT100 since for body only it is just $349 US..which I think is a ridiculously low price for a new camera with its feature set of 24MP swivel screen etc. And although it has been discussed months ago here, I have not seen any recent comments now that people have had the chance to presumably spend months with the camera. It has had a couple of minor firmware upgrades as well. So kindly weigh in, if you still like the camera, are happy with it, etc. Thanks .

All complaints center around speed of menu operation and autofocus, not image quality, which is phenomenal. Imaging-resource.com measured autofocus speed at .316 second with the 15-45 at 33mm. Is that fast enough for you?

The 15-45 doesn't match filters with any long zoom, and isn't great at 45mm. But you could buy a used 18-55 and 55-200 to cover a huge range, or go with primes.

Another bonus is that it has Bayer pattern sensor, so there is hope DxO will support it with their amazing Prime noise reduction.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow