PenF image quality seems a tad better than EM5.3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 40,154
PenF image quality seems a tad better than EM5.3

Was checking what happens when you ddi an extreme push of shadows on PenF at ISO 6400 and EM5.3 at ISO 6400.

The exposure is off by 0.1 seconds, so benefits the PenF here, but I don't think 0.1 seconds explains the difference.

Please see sub-posts as they are image-filesize heavy for Iridient, and Capture One.

I think the difference in favor of PenF is because the PenF doesn't have phase detect pixels. Same issue happens with the reviews of sensors like the Nikon or Sony.  Interestingly enough don't see the same banding issue with Fuji, Canon doesn't have the issue due to their dual pixel and Panasonic doesn't because they are contrast detect.

Fuji has said in interviews you have to cleverly deal with not affecting image quality much with phase detect pixels, and Panasonic has mentioned that it is to their advantage to use DFD for not affecting the image quality of the sensor read.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow