How to Change the Playmemories Home Folder Date Format

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
BrentSchumer
BrentSchumer Senior Member • Posts: 1,707
How to Change the Playmemories Home Folder Date Format

I use PlayMemories Home for photo import from my cameras and was always annoyed that the folders were created as MM-DD-YYYY despite my cameras being set up to use YYYY-MM-DD.  I prefer the latter for chronological sorting. So every import was followed by folder reformatting.  Not a big deal but - as you might have noticed - I get frustrated by things that are less useful than they could be.

After some online research I read that PlayMemories formats the folders based on your system date formats.  If you change Windows to use the YYYY-MM-DD format all your folders will follow.  Thought I'd share this method for anyone else experiencing a similar frustration:

1. Right click on your lower right hand system clock and select "Adjust date/time"

2. In the date and time control panel, click on "Date, time, & regional formatting."

3. There is an option at the bottom of Region called "Change data formats."  Almost done!

4. The folder format used by PlayMemories Home is the Short Date.

They're so beautiful!!

BrentSchumer's gear list:BrentSchumer's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a6400 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow