Photos from the new waterproof Kodak Pixpro WZ2 camera

Started Dec 10, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sactojim Veteran Member • Posts: 9,162
Photos from the new waterproof Kodak Pixpro WZ2 camera

Got my hands on this new little powerhouse camera that's waterproof down to 50', dustproof, and shockproof (not testing that last feature) and it's a winner. I saw the preproduction model at last at CES in January and was hoping it would turn out well and it did indeed! After shooting with it, I'm happy to report it's a excellent feature loaded camera with really good IQ! It's a well designed with 4X optical zoom of 27-108mm and 6X digital for combined total of 24X reach, 16MP CMOS BISI sensor, 1080p HD video, Macro mode, and very compact. The seal on the battery/sd card door is thick and I did test it by holding it underwater for a few shots and as expected, no leaks. It's able to use flash underwater as well as recording video. Other features include in camera body charging, lots of shooting modes like Auto, P, M, Scene, Movie, Underwater mode (where diffraction is corrected), Pano, and others. Love the small size making it easy to carry anywhere like in my life vest pocket when kayaking, bike bag, side zipper of my bigger camera bags, shirt pocket, etc.

I'm really pleased with the images as they show good sharpness, bold/bright Kodak colors, and no soft corners. A big plus is the built in Wi-Fi which connects to a smartphone (android or ios) to share wherever. Camera is well priced at $149. and I see WalMart showing $129. I rate this as huge bang for the buck for a solid family, travel, or beach use.

These shots are jpegs at full 16MP size, either Spot or Area focus, Vivid or Standard, and in various modes (Auto, Program, or Sport mode in the Scene section).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow