FZ1000 for African Safari

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
dwightr8
dwightr8 Regular Member • Posts: 458
Re: FZ1000 for African Safari

Golfing Bob wrote:

I am trying to decide which camera to take on Safari and would like some feedback from anyone that has used the FZ1000. Thanks for your help.

Here's some pics from our 2018 safari in Tanzania. Most were taken with my FZ1000, a few with a ZS100 and a few with a Canon SX50. For me, I felt the FZ1000 to be about the perfect camera for this type of situation. Since we were in a vehicle most of the time, size and weight aren't a major consideration (although I do carry the FZ1000 when hiking too).  Most of the time the animals were close enough so the reach of FZ1000's lens was more than adequate.  Having the camera ready all the time and being able to shoot quickly is very important.  You never know when something good is going to pop up.

I basically use my images for slide shows, posting on the internet, and printing a few small to medium sized prints so again the FZ1000 fits the bill.

My wife and I both felt the safari was the trip of a lifetime and having good pictures to look at helps us relive it from time to time.

We'll look forward to seeing pictures from you when you return.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely.

https://dwightreed.smugmug.com/Tanzania/i-TFCB9jM

-- hide signature --

Dewey

dwightr8's gear list:dwightr8's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic ZS100 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow