Are there significant IQ differences between the E-M5 III and E-M1 II?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 20,215
Are there significant IQ differences between the E-M5 III and E-M1 II?

Due to some money coming in that I don't have earmarked for survival, I can buy myself a new camera body to replace my aging E-M10's (1 Mk 1 and one Mk 2).

I like the small size of the "10s", they've been great travel, hiking, and wandering companions. But as I age, my 'wanderings' are becoming less unscripted and more directed. So I'm thinking size might not be as important as it used to be.

I would consider the E-M1 II (or whatever is current in 3-4 months) if the image quality showed significant improvements over the E-M5 III. Otherwise, I suspect I'd opt for the smaller E-M5. In terms of desired features, they both meet my requirements.

I would be using a mix of native Olympus m43s, 4/3s, and adapted Canon FL series lenses.

Are there other things I need to take into consideration?

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow