Heart and Soul nebula Tenerife

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pogo65 Regular Member • Posts: 273
Heart and Soul nebula Tenerife

Hi guys,

I wanted to share an attempt on the Heart and Soul nebula. I took it in Tenerife last week over the course of 4 days. It contains over 18 hours of data that I was able to collect.

It is a stack of Ha, Oiii and S2 data and the Ha file was also used as a luminance layer. Even though I am not completely happy with the result yet. I do not like the way the stars look in the image.

Subs were taken at 3 minutes for the Ha files and 5 minutes for the others. All were corrected with flats and dark frames. The camera was a ZWO ASI 1600 mono at -10 degrees for all subs. The “telescope” a Canon 200mm f/2.8 at 2.8.

Noteworthy is the fact that while waiting for my new astrotrac mount to arrive (unfortunately not ready in time) I took a “cheap” Skywatcher AZ-GTI with me which can be run in equatorial mode with a firmware update and it can be autoguided. I ran it with the ZWO ASI air to run the mount and the cameras. To my surprise it ran pretty good and I was able to autoguide it down to about 2 arcseconds on most of the frames, which with the 200mm lens was sufficient. Also through the ASI AIR you can platesolve your pictures and correct the mount, so finding and centering the object was really easy. The pair just fitted the framing.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

thanks,

Peter

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow