M6II, can it use E shutter with MSNR ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 8,122
M6II, can it use E shutter with MSNR ?

Years ago i found MSNR on my 70D. If you've never used it, it stacks several frames (4 i assume on all Canons), aligns them and spits out a jpeg. If your camera can shoot fast FPS it does so in a pretty short period of time, it works well for when you are trying to cut down on noise for non moving subjects.

Some other cameras and systems have a similar feature but to date none have let you do so while using the E shutter. To me this is crazy, using a NR feature that shoots bursts, why not let us prevent burning up the shutter?

My M50 has an E shutter mode in the scene mode on the dial, and it has MSNR, but both can't be used together. Since the M6II has a legit E shutter mode, can anybody verify if it can be used in conjunction with MSNR?

If the answer is yes it would pretty much seal the deal for the M6II being my eventual upgrade path.

-- hide signature --

"Burning, burning, faster, faster are your revolutionists,
If I could collapse the masses,
We'd be free to grow our wings" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow