Vello Lens Adapter PK to mirrorless, with aperture control

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 4,998
Vello Lens Adapter PK to mirrorless, with aperture control

I just received this adapter, for PK to Fuji-X.

Reason for purchase was to be able to use my Sigma 8-16mm in PK mount on a body with live-view (my Pentax-cameras are from 2006; great CCD-colours but no live view yet)

Today did some testing, it seems to work nicely with setting the hyperfocal distance, which isn't really huge anyway at these focal lengths

Obviously, the aperture-ring on the adapter is unmarked. But the aperture van be estimated by looking at the change in camera-metering when stopping down.

I have a more serious shoot this weekend where I will try it out more. But first impression is positive. Especially so since I now have a 300-euro 8-16 instead of Fuji's 2000 euro 8-16, which is also a very large and heavy lens; even Fuji's 10-24 is much more expensive, I've seen 800 euro for a used copy. Hyperwide is not my typical stuff, so I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money on a lens for occasional use.

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Sigma DP2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Leica M-Monochrom +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow