A simple Focus Stacking question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Croft Senior Member • Posts: 1,713
A simple Focus Stacking question

35mm for 40 years, digital for 20 years, Oly E-M1 for 4 years, recently added an E-M1/ii.

As a model enginer I often want to take images of small machined objects with all parts in focus. I can do this in-camera on the M1 [both versions], by setting distances, number of shots etc [I believe]. But the way I do it is to simply tap the touch screen at the points in the image that are important to be in focus, then combine all the resultant images on the computer using Zerene Stacker. I like the results and it gives me no problems. But it would be nice if I could use the touch screen the way that I do, but have the resulting images combined in-camera. I do not believe this is an available option, but since the mk2 version of the M1 has a more complex menu that I am not yet up to speed with, I may have missed a trick. Although stopping down would get most in focus I do not want a single image at f/22 for obvious reasons. Comments welcome.

Ken C

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow