System downgrade?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Uncimark New Member • Posts: 2
System downgrade?

Hi all,

I have a conundrum and would like to get some thoughts.

We have a baby on the way and I need to free up some cash from my camera setup.

Also due to carrying a whole heap of extra stuff around I'm looking for a lighter setup.

I feel like going fixed lens would restrict me too much but might be the most effective stop gap.

I am currently quite deep into the Sony FE line with an A7iii. I also have a few manual adapted lenses (C/Y Zeiss mainly).

I hear that kids move around sometimes so a decent AF system would be a must.

Video,  I haven't really used so far so happy to get into a system where that isn't the main focus.

In my head there are 3 main options.

1. Sell all my lenses and keep a skeleton A7iii setup, perhaps just my samyang 35mm 2.8/other small primes.

2. Downgrade to APSC either staying within Sony (Probably 6500) or moving over to Fuji (XT30?).

3. Go super light and trade everything in for a single fixed lens setup, I used to have a Fuji x70 and loved it to bits. Perhaps an X100F or GRiii.

I'm know I'm not a good enough photographer that APSC/Full frame will restrict my enjoyment of photography or my final results but don't want to go back to m4/3 tbh.

All thoughts welcome,

cheers.

Fujifilm X100F Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow