AF improvement in latest Nikon Z6 firmware 2.10 ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J M Z
J M Z New Member • Posts: 19
AF improvement in latest Nikon Z6 firmware 2.10 ?

Did anyone noticed improvements of AF-C AF after last 2.10 firmware update? The list of FW 2.10 changes not contains any AF improvements.

But I have feeling that Nikon quietly did some improvements.

Sometimes I'm using my Z6 for birds in flight photography and my last experience with FW 2.10 is awesome. It was after the sunset (December and very limited light around 4pm London time) I was able to shoot pictures of flying gooses over the pond. My lens was Nikon 300mm f4 PF VR with distance limiter turned On and camera Nikon Z6 set AF-C Wide Area S. Most of the pictures (let's say 90%) is with AF on target. I didn't expect something like that from my Z6. This camera is keeping me surprising on and on.

Pictures are not great, I did them just to check latest FW update. It was really dark and ISO is up to 10000 and just only 1/800s.

PS.

Sorry for my bad English.

J M Z's gear list:J M Z's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III +7 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow