Handstrap for A73 - fyi

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 1,487
Handstrap for A73 - fyi

I like using a hands trap with my camera body even if I have a camera strap.  I started that habit with my Nikon D750/D850 with or without the battery grip since I used heavier lenses.  I use the RRS plates both base plate only and L-Plate when using the battery grip

I like the method and wanted a way for this to work with Sony.

What works are two things.  The spider lite strap will work in the configuration I use the Arca set up with the battery grip only with the spider lite.   does not work well with no battery grip or the way I felt comfortable.

The Spider Pro was bigger for more DSLR style and it was like this for over a year till now.

The Spider Pro version 2 I just received the carbon fiber version I opted for.  It is a wonderful fit And it seems I can just leave the connecting plastic part that you screw into the A73 eyelet and makes more sense to leave it permanently while removing and replacing the hand strap as needed.   I was able to get like 25% off during the black friday sales and just got the strap today.

I use the most bottom slot so slot 3 for the most room but you can easily adjust.

I do have a issue for a better design SONY if you are listening.   I prefer the battery grip to attach directly to the bottom of the camera not via the battery chamber and having to remove the battery door over and over as I change from grip to no grip.  Ive been lucky those plastic nubs have not broken holding the door.  Maybe I need to find a few replacement doors just in case...

I can recommend this version 2 for the A7xxx

https://spiderholster.com/product/spiderpro-hand-strap-v2/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow