GX-8 might be giving up the ghost: E-M1 Mk II or E-M5 Mk III?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
unhappymeal Regular Member • Posts: 150
GX-8 might be giving up the ghost: E-M1 Mk II or E-M5 Mk III?

Just when I thought I was done buying camera gear, my GX-8 has decided to stop co-operating. It's decided to intermittently stop recognizing lenses as being mounted and is periodically throwing flash card errors (not saving to the SD card or allowing review of images).

At first I thought it was my lenses or gear, but I tested them on my old GF2 and there were no problems. I've always wanted a PEN-F, but I'm hesitant to go back to no weather sealing and contrast detect AF. The G9 is out because it's just too big (it's bigger than my Z6!) and the DFD wobble in videos is annoying.

Right now both the E-M1 Mk II and E-M5 Mk III are identically priced in Canada ($1,500). I do sometimes get nostalgic for the sizes of my old E-M10, but I realize I don't have very many tiny lenses anymore. A vast majority of the time I use the monstrous 12-100 f/4 Pro and I have the P-L 10-25 f/1.7 on the way. My smallest lens is the P-L 15 f/1.7.

What's a guy to do?

unhappymeal's gear list:unhappymeal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +6 more
Nikon Z6 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow