Is “Pride of ownership” important when buying photo gear?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
thetwonk Regular Member • Posts: 232
Re: Is “Pride of ownership” important when buying photo gear?

When I first bought a Nikon FE 40 years ago I didn't know about brands I was deciding between the Canon A1 and the Nikon FE. What did it for me was the feel of it in my hands the simplicity of the FE and the solidity of it where what I noticed first. Later I came to appreciate the intuitiveness of it as it was designed by people who really knew photography and cameras. This was my main camera for the next 28 years including a brief affair with an F4 (The most sensuous camera ever made imho). Next came a D300 and it had that familiar feel despite a proliferation of knobs and buttons. I am not proud of my gear but I do appreciate it on an almost subconscious level as its been part of my life for more years than I care to remember. I always try other cameras including the more expensive gear in the shops but they just don't feel right simple as

As the sales man said back then and still resonates with me. "Nikon is the camera for the discerning enthusiast"

-- hide signature --

How much Grog do we have left?

thetwonk's gear list:thetwonk's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow