Dead / broken RX100 V

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ap356 Forum Member • Posts: 57
Dead / broken RX100 V

My RX100 died suddenly. I've had it for about two years, used it on several trips all over the world, and had no major issues.

I last used it about two weeks ago. Then recently I picked it up and it is 100% completely dead. No response at all to any button pushes, or to being plugged in to USB.

I've tried two different batteries, and tried fully charging a battery using an external charger.

The only slight sign of life I can see is that, when you insert a battery or try to turn on the camera, there is an LED inside the battery door that will flash with this pattern:

_ _ _ ------- (meaning three long flashes, then a pause, then seven quick flashes).

Now I am lucky that the Amazon Canada warranty has agreed to payout the full original cost of the camera, without me even sending it in to them, but I would still like to know if there is any chance of it being repaired? Does anyone have experience with a similar problem?

Sony RX100 Sony RX100 V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow